DAY 1: Leveraging Emerging Tools to Advance Your Program
Tuesday, March 31st, 2020
It’s no surprise that IT organizations are continuously tasked with increased Projects and greater emphasis on lowering costs. This challenge is coupled with an increased demand for top IT talent in a record low IT unemployment environment. Leading IT and Procurement organizations are having to move beyond simply negotiating lower rates with suppliers, to recognize savings. The solution is a shift to a more strategic engagement model, to deliver projects on time and within budget. This session leapfrogs beyond the transactional negations with suppliers and focus on building an internal IT Labor Center of Excellence (COE) that generates significant cost savings & increased performance.
• How to effectively deploy outcome-based strategies that focus on Total Project Cost, and not individual IT labor silos
• How to improve ramp-up time to productivity, and knowledge transfer, that ultimately drives down costs on IT Projects
• How to strategically hire the right resources, and manage quantity of resources, while decreasing burden on IT Leaders
• Staff Aug, SOW, Project Teams, Third Party Outsourcing, Offshore…?
• How to determine the right mix of IT labor engagements, and level of skills, to cost effectively deliver Projects on time
•Technologies to measure supplier performance in real time
•Crafting mutually beneficial supplier scorecards so they know exactly how they’re performing against your SOW
•Obtaining the right mix of data to benchmark
•At what point do you determine your suppliers need to be audited—is there a regular schedule or review process?
•Working with underperforming suppliers to bring them back up to expectations